Grants & Awards
Caregiver Travel Grant
The Caregiver Travel Grant award is intended to provide financial assistance for active ABS members whose caregiving responsibilities for dependent persons would otherwise limit their ability to attend and present at the annual ABS meeting. Dependents include but are not limited to young children and aging parents. Receiving this award does not preclude ABS members from applying for additional funding from ABS.
Candidates are prioritized according to their need, abstract and CVs. Preference will be given to applicants who are presenting their work. The award money may be spent in any of a variety of ways to support your conference participation. Examples include daycare at home or at the conference venue, costs of travel for the dependent or a second caregiver so that a child may accompany you to the conference, or costs of additional care at home while you are away. Funds should be used to support dependent care rather than cover other costs associated with meeting attendance, for example conference registration or travel for the applicant.
Eligibility: Caregiver Travel Grant Awards are for ABS members who will be attending the annual ABS meeting. Receiving this award does not preclude ABS members from applying for additional funding from ABS.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019. Abstract submission system will open January 2019.
Applications consist of:
- Your submitted abstract, including the title
- Your curriculum vita (CV)
- Justification for request for support (one paragraph)
- A brief statement about your previous attendance at ABS meetings
- Applicants will be able to apply for the Caregiver Travel Grant through the online abstract submission system. The asbtract submission system will be available in January 2019.