Grants & Awards
- Career Awards Information
- Distinguished Animal Behaviorist
- Exemplar Award
- Exceptional Service Award
- Outstanding New Investigator Award
- Quest Award
- Penny Bernstein Distinguished Teaching Award
The Animal Behavior Society has a series of Career Awards which include the following:
- Distinguished Animal Behaviorist - outstanding lifetime achievement in animal behavior
- Exemplar Award - major long-term contribution to animal behavior
- Outstanding New Investigator - outstanding contribution by a new investigator
- Quest Award - outstanding seminal contribution
- Exceptional Service Award - sustained service contributions to the Animal Behavior Society
- *Penny Bernstein Distinguished Teaching Award- recognizes a sustained record of excellent teaching of animal behavior in the classroom or informal education setting.
All members of the society are encouraged to submit nominations for the above awards. To aid the Selection Committee and to help codify the procedures involved, the following items must be submitted for a nomination:
(1) A letter of nomination indicating the award for which the nominee is being proposed which should provide details on the reasons the nominee should be considered for that award.
(2) A curriculum vitae of the nominee.
(3) Additional supporting letters from colleagues solicited by the nominator.
Materials for the Distinguished Animal Behvaiorsist, Exemplar, Outstanding New Investigator, Quest and Exceptional Service Award can be submitted using the button below.
* For the Penny Bernstein Distinguished Teaching Award, submit a one-page letter providing evidence to support the nomination to the chair of the PBDTA sub-committee (Stan Braude, email@example.com). Click here for award criteria.
|The deadline for nominations is December 15, 2017.||-->|