May 1, 2022 by 11:59 pm EST.
To be considered for review, abstracts must be submitted by the posted deadline.
NEW THIS YEAR! - For this year only, you may submit an abstract BEFORE registering for the meeting. However, all authors are required to register for the meeting prior to May 1 in order to have their submission considered for presentation. This means that you may submit your abstract now, but you have until May 1 to decide if you are going to attend the meeting in-person or virtually.
To broaden participation, authors will be able to submit abstracts in Spanish and/or Portuguese in addition to the English version. All versions will be available at the meeting portal. In addition, presentations can be in Spanish or Portuguese as long as English is accessible (i.e., words on slides in English, video subtitles in English). We have a Multilingual Buddy Program to support hose that may need help in another language.
- You will have the option to submit an abstract for EITHER in-person presentation or virtual presentation only. All in-person presenters are asked to make a recording or their presentation and unload it for on-demand viewing IN ADDITION to giving their live-presentation in Costa Rica.
- Authors may submit one science abstract for a talk or poster presentation as well as one education/teaching poster.
- ABS policy is that acceptance of submissions for the in-person talk sessions are on a first-come, first-served basis. If a talk slot is not available a poster presentation will be assigned.
- The abstract itself should be less than 1200 characters including spaces, but excluding title, authors, and affiliations (about 200 words).
- Please complete your submission carefully. All abstracts must be in final form. No typos or other errors can be corrected after the deadline. Abstracts will not be considered or reviewed unless all required fields are completed. Authors may edit abstracts online as long as they meet the submission deadline.
- All authors are required to register for either the in-person or virtual meeting by May 1. Your registration type (in-person/virual) will determine whether or not your abstract is scheduled for in-person presentation in Costa Rica.
- In-person talk versus poster presentation assignments will be available in June.
- Remember in-person 15 minute talks are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis and are dependent upon when your submit your abstract, not when you register for the meeting.
- For ABS Meeting-related Awards, there is an opportunity in the abstract submission form to specify for which type of award you would like to be considered for.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions concerning the abstract submission process.