Grants & Awards
ABS Grants & Awards
The Animal Behavior Society manages several different types of grants and awards including Meeting Related Awards, Student Related Awards, Developing Nations Research Grants, Travel Awards, and Career Awards. Please visit each individual award webpage for award criteria and application information.
- The following awards are presented at the Annual Meeting: Warder Clyde Allee Award, Diversity, Founders Memorial Poster Award, Genesis Award for the Outstanding Undergraduate Poster Presentation, Charles H. Turner Award.
- The Developing Nations Research Grants are intended to provide financial support for scientific studies of animal behavior conducted by ABS researchers in developing countries. Applicants apply via a single application process along with the student research grants. The Developing Nations Research Grant may support both students as well as established professionals.
- ABS offers various Travel Awards intended to encourage greater participation at the annual meetings by helping to defray some participation costs: Latin American Travel Award, Diversity Award, Caregiver Grant, and Graduate Student Grant.
- Student research awards, the George W. Barlow Award, the E. O. Wilson Conservation Award, the Amy R. Samuels Cetacean Behavior Award, and David S. Tuber Award.
- The following Career Awards are voted on by the Executive Committee and presented at the ABsd Annual Meeting. Distinguished Animal Behaviorist, Exemplar Award, Quest award, Exceptional Service Award and the Outstanding New Investigator Award.
- Animal Behavior Society's Outstanding Children's Book Award, ABS Outreach Grant, and the Penny Bernstein Distinguished Teaching Award.