Animal Behavior & Conservation
The Conservation Behaviorist
From 2003 to 2014, the ABS Conservation Committee published and distributed The Conservation Behaviorist to share news about the subfield of conservation behavior and the Conservation Committee’s activities. Even though this publication is no longer active, you can access past issues of The Conservation Behaviorist by clicking here.
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Conservation International
- The Nature Conservancy
- World Wildlife Fund
- National Wildlife Federation
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- National Audubon Society
- The Peregrine Fund
- Organization for Tropical Studies
- The Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation
- Australian Marine Conservation Society
- United Nations Biodiversity Lab
- Information Center for the Environment, University of California Davis
- Global Resource Information Database, United Nations Environment Programme
- World Resources Institute
- Convention on Biological Diversity
- Center for Biological Diversity
- Committee on Earth Observation Satellites International Directory Network
- Global Biodiversity Information Facility
Threatened/Endangered Species Information
- Environment Web Directory
- International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- IUCN – United States
- IUCN Species Survival Commission
- IUCN Red List of Threatened Species
- Botanic Gardens Conservation International
- Association of Zoos and Aquariums
This list of books and edited volumes is a source of review and conceptually-based publications on the interface of conservation and behavioral biology. The references below provide an overview on how conservation efforts have been aided through a better understanding of behavior, but these references are not an exhaustive list.
- Berger-Tal, O. & Saltz, D. 2016. Conservation Behavior: Applying Behavioral Ecology to Wildlife Conservation and Management. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Blumstein, D.T. & Fernandez-Juricic, E. 2010. A Primer of Conservation Behavior. Sinauer Associates, Inc. Sunderland, MA.
- Candolin, U. & Wong, B.B.M. 2012. Behavioural Responses to a Changing World. Mechanisms and Consequences. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.
- Caro , T. (ed.). 1998. Behavioral Ecology and Conservation Biology. Oxford University Press, New York, NY.
- Clemmons, J.R., and R. Buchholz (eds.). 1997. Behavioral Approaches to Conservation in the Wild. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Festa-Bianchet , M. and M. Apollonio (eds.) 2003. Animal Behavior and Wildlife Conservation. Island Press, Washington, DC.
- Gosling, L.M., and W.J. Sutherland (eds.). 2000. Behaviour and Conservation. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK.
- Sutherland, W.J. 1996. From Individual Behaviour to Population Ecology. Oxford Series in Ecology and Evolution. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.